Are you a high school student looking to complete your required 40 hours of community service or maybe just want to give back to your community?
Register for an upcoming Community Work Day and help WindReach Farm with a variety of tasks including seasonal property maintenance, special event preparation, animal care, and much more. A typical Community Work Day runs from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, providing six hours of community service. Please leave your valuables at home and dress for the weather as Community Work Days run rain or shine.
- Participants may consist of current WindReach Farm volunteers, service clubs, organizations, families and high school students (requiring 40 hours of community service).
- All volunteers must be 14 years of age or older or come with responsible a parent/caregiver.
- All volunteers need to register by phone.
- All volunteers should bring a lunch, high school time card, closed toe shoes or boots, work gloves, appropriate clothing for the weather, water bottle and a positive attitude towards volunteer work.
To register or for more information, students (not Moms or Dads), please call the Volunteer Coordinator, Kelly Taylor, at 905-655-5827 ext. 225.
On the Community Work Day, please meet in the Skills Training Centre kitchen at 9:00 am.
What to bring:
- Your lunch, drinks (we have microwaves available)
- School paperwork so we can sign off on community service hours
- Closed toe/closed heel shoes or boots
- Work gloves
Space is limited so register early!
Check back in February for 2018 Community Work Days.