Are you a high school student looking to complete your required 40 hours of community service or maybe just want to give back to your community?
Register for an upcoming Community Work Day and help WindReach Farm with a variety of tasks including seasonal property maintenance, special event preparation, animal care, and much more. A typical Community Work Day runs from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, providing six hours of community service. Please leave your valuables at home and dress for the weather as Community Work Days run rain or shine.
Fall dates just added:
Friday October 6th – 9am-3pm
Friday October 20th – 9am-3pm
Saturday October 21st – 2pm-9pm
- Participants may consist of current WindReach Farm volunteers, service clubs, organizations, families and high school students (requiring 40 hours of community service).
- All volunteers must be 14 years of age or older or come with responsible a parent/caregiver.
- All volunteers need to register by phone.
- All volunteers should bring a lunch, high school time card, closed toe shoes or boots, work gloves, appropriate clothing for the weather, water bottle and a positive attitude towards volunteer work.
To register or for more information, students (not Moms or Dads), please call the Volunteer Coordinator, Amanda Wood, at 905-655-5827 ext. 225.
On the Community Work Day, please meet in the Skills Training Centre kitchen at 9:00 am.
What to bring:
- Your lunch, drinks (we have microwaves available)
- School paperwork so we can sign off on community service hours
- Closed toe/closed heel shoes or boots
- Work gloves
Space is limited so register early!
(Fall dates to be determined when school calendars for 2017/18 are set.)