What time is Check-in/Check-out?
Check-In Time: 3:00 AM Check-Out Time: 10:00 AM
How many people can stay in the suites at a time?
In order to comply with fire and safety regulations the following is the maximum capacity for the suites (including staff):
Cardinal: Maximum of 6 individuals
Hummingbird: Maximum of 4 individuals
What is your Deposit and Cancellation policy?
In order to confirm your reservation, a 25% non-refundable deposit is required within 30 days of booking your visit. If we do not receive your deposit within 30 days, your booking will be released. In the event that you must cancel your reservation, please notify us as soon as possible. Cancellations made less than seven days prior to the reservation date will be invoiced the remaining amount owing for the booking.
Is there a phone in the suites? How can I contact a guest?
There is a telephone located in the accommodation suites’ hallway. The telephone number is (905) 655-1044. Please use this phone for emergencies and/or to contact staff/family. Please bring a phone card if you plan to make any long distance calls. Any long-distance charges will be billed to you along with an administration fee.
What items are provided in the suites?
Fully equipped kitchen including a fridge, stove, dishwasher, microwave, dishes, utensils & cutlery, pots & pans, coffeemaker, electric kettle, toaster, dish soap, dishwasher soap, dish cloths, oven mitts, roll in shower chair, and communal items provided for your use – washer, dryer, broom, mop, BBQ with propane.
What do I need to bring?
First-aid kit, flashlight, bedding (pillows, sheets, blankets), tea towels, toiletries (soap, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toilet paper, towels), paper towels, coffee filters (cone shape), laundry soap/fabric softener, cleaning supplies and food.
Note: All beds are Twin Size
Is there anyone on the property after normal business hours?
Yes, we have a tenant on property, who can be reached in case of emergency. Emergency contact information is in the hallway beside the telephone.
Can you leave the gate open at the end of the driveway for shift changes?
No, the gate at the driveway is for the protection of our property and our animals. Be sure to bring a flashlight with you to assist in this, or make arrangements for someone from the previous shift to come down and assist you.
Are there any rules regarding the stay?
The following rules have been created to ensure your safety, the safety of other guests as well as the safety of our farm animals:
- Please respect the Farm as you would your own property.
- No animals/pets allowed, unless it is a working service animal.
- No roller blades/skates allowed in the suites or on Farm property.
- An adult must accompany a child under the age of 16 at all times.
- Before visiting any of the farm buildings, such as the museum/lower barn/stables, a WindReach Farm staff member must be notified. No entrance to any building is allowed before 8:30 am and after 4:30 pm.
- Please leave the accommodation suites as you found them and notify WindReach Farm staff of any damages. If there is any damage or extra cleaning required following your stay, an additional charge will be applied.
- For safety reasons, please do not run on farm property, chase chickens, climb fences, enter animal pens, or the cow pasture.
- Please be aware there are electrical fences on some areas of the property (signage affixed). They are always turned on.
- If you are planning to have an outdoor camp fire, you must notify WindReach Farm staff beforehand as we need to confirm that there is no fire ban in effect. Please ensure that you keep a full pail of water beside your camp fire in case of an emergency
- There will be other guests on the farm and we ask that everyone respect others’ wishes for privacy and keep noise levels reasonable at all times. After two warnings have been given, failure to comply with this request will result in your being asked to leave the Farm promptly.
- If leaving the property and the gate at the end of the lane way is closed, please ensure that you close the gate upon exit and again after you return.
- Please ensure that all keys are left in the outside mailbox or with a WindReach Farm staff member upon departure. A $20 key replacement fee will be invoiced for any unreturned keys.