For the past 30 years, WindReach Farm has offered unique and innovative nature and farming-related opportunities to individuals of all ages and abilities including those with physical, psychological, and intellectual challenges. As a charitable, not-for-profit organization, WindReach Farm is a fully accessible, barrier-free facility which offers specialized features and services developed specifically to meet the needs of the special needs community.
WindReach’s Learning-4-Life Adult Day Program would like to develop a group of enthusiastic substitute support workers that we can call upon when our full time staff are sick or on holiday. (This could be booking days in advance and the morning of)
Learning-4-Life Program Support Workers are responsible for providing support services such as person care, socialization, emotional support and related health services to adults with disabilities to assist with their engagement and participation in healthy and daily activities on the farm.
Responsibilities would include:
- Provide individualized and highly flexible support to individuals with developmental and physical disabilities within the Learning-4-Life Program.
- Support participants with life skills training, social skills development, behaviour management, recreational activity and all other daily life skills.
- Establish a rapport and respectful relationship with Learning-4-Life Program participants which recognizes their strengths and abilities and promotes their dignity and well-being.
- Provide assistance with personal care activities including but not limited to lifts, transfers, walking, toileting, etc.
- Ability to do physical work such as pushing wheelchairs, assisting participants with sitting, standing and bending and helping participants engage in the program activities such as adaptive archery, nature walks, crafts, walking a goat, kayaking, etc.
- Assist with the use and monitoring of special aids such as walkers, canes, wheelchairs, crutches, etc.
If you are interested in being added to our substitute list for Learning for Life, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org