Get Outside! Adaptive Sport Program Facilitator
WindReach Farm is excited to announce a new 2- year project funded by the Government of Ontario’s Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport. The Get Outside! program will provide outdoor based adaptive sport programming (mainly archery and para-cycling) to individuals of all ages, with disabilities in the community.
We are looking for a program facilitator to help support the overall development and delivery of this project. If you are a passionate and energetic individual who loves sports and has an interest/experience in working with individuals with disabilities – we would love to hear from you!
- Duration: 14 week contract: Start and end date flexible (June – end of September)
- Hourly Rate: $13.00/hour for 30 hours a week (flexibility in time/days of week required)
- Location: WindReach Farm (312 Towline Road, 20 minutes north of Whitby)
*Please note WindReach Farm is not accessible by public transit – you must be able to provide your own reliable transportation.
Role: Under the direction of the Program Lead, responsibilities include support for all aspects of the Get Outside! Program, including program development, outreach, coordination and facilitation.
- Develop and facilitate adaptive sport sessions (archery, para/hand-cycling, different field sports including sitting/standing volley, boccia, goalball).
- Plan and lead safe and enjoyable adaptive sport sessions for individuals of all ages with disabilities
- Promote and be actively involved in outreach planning to communicate program to new and existing individuals/schools/community organizations
- Support the training and supervision of Get Outside! program volunteers
- Maintain and ensure proper usage/storage of all adaptive sport equipment
- Ensure all safety procedures are followed
- Participate in ongoing professional development/coaching courses
- Work alongside other WindReach Farm staff and volunteers and support other program areas as needed
- Passionate about sport/recreation and leading a healthy, active lifestyle
- Previous experience working with individuals with disabilities highly desirable
- Experience coaching/instructing/playing sport
- Educational background or currently enrolled in a related field: Therapeutic Recreation, Recreation and Leisure, Sport Management, Kinesiology, Exercise Science, Human Services Field
- Is a motivated, self-starter who enjoys working with people
- Has experience leading programs
- Current Standard First Aid/CPR
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to Monica Sze at email@example.com. We thank everyone for their interest in this position, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.